No products in the basket.
Home of Retro is very proud to bring you this Official Ford Transit White Van Man Mens White Vest from the Home of Retro Originals range.
Ford’s heritage stretches all the way back to the genesis of automobiles with the iconic Ford Model T. Cementing themselves into automotive legend in the 60s with the Mustang, the hits kept coming with the much loved Capri in the 70s and 80s. Here at Home of Retro we reserve our biggest affection for the imperious “Hot Hatchbacks” of the 80s with the Fiesta XR2i and the Escort RS Cosworth.
We are incredibly excited to have partnered with Ford to bring you this exclusive and striking clothing range celebrating the very best of the classic and retro heritage of Ford!
- A Home of Retro Exclusive product
- Men’s Classic Cut Jersey
- 100% Officially Licensed Merchandise
- 100% Combed Cotton
- Super soft and side seamed for maximum comfort
- Jersey 4oz/165g
Please be aware that this item is made to order so allow 3 working days for despatch.
XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
Always read the care label before washing to ensure your new garment looks perfect every time you wear it.
Machine wash at 30° (unless otherwise stated) taking care to turn your item inside out before washing, this will prevent damage to the prints and any embellishment or diamantes.
You can wash at a lower temperature but do not exceed the temperature limit!
Wash with similar colours.
Do not use detergent which contains bleach.
Please be aware that delicate treatments or prints e.g. Glitter/foil prints, may lose some colour or finish with washing, this is to be expected and just helps to add to the vintage design of your garment.
Do not tumble dry garments unless it is indicated on the care label that it is safe to do so.
Iron your item inside out using a very low temperature, taking care to avoid any printed/embellished areas.
Please note, the majority of our clothes are either Screen Printed or Transfer Printed. Both prints are intended to develop more character as they survive endless wear and tear. The ink on a screen printed garment is printed deep into the grain of the fabric so your item will age gracefully over time whereas a transfer print will gradually fade and crack with wear. This is entirely normal and just helps add to the vintage nature of your garment.
A lot of our garments are treated with vintage washes and so variations in shading and texture are to be expected. This just adds to the uniqueness of your item as no two will be exactly the same and is in no way to be considered defective.
|Chest Size (inch)||36/38||40||42||44/46|
|Chest size (inch)||32||34||36||38||40|
www.homeofretro.com is a FREE delivery website and we ship to anywhere in the world.
UK orders are sent Royal Mail 2nd Class and are delivered within 2-3 days.
International orders are sent International Air Mail and are delivered within 7 days.
Want it quicker? Choose the express delivery option for £2.
UK orders will then go 1st Class and are delivered within 1-2 days.
International orders are delivered within 3-5 days.
If you order by 4pm we will ship your order the same day, otherwise it will despatch the next day.
Returns and Exchanges are simple too, just send back to us within 30 days and we will action an exchange or refund immediately.
The address for returns is: Home of Retro Ltd, Unit C, Northbridge Road, Berkhamstead, HP4 1EH
10 things you didn’t know about the Ford Transit van
To celebrate the launch of the new Home of Retro Ford clothing line, which features images of the classic Ford Transit, here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Ford Transit.
- The Ford Transit is extremely spacious and in 1965 it was actually used by handlers at London Zoo to move two baby elephants!
- The Transit has a musical pedigree with both Coldplay and the mighty Status Quo using the vans as tour buses when they first started gigging.
- Even royalty are partial to the Ford Transit. Rumour has it that William and Kate used one to travel around Anglesey unnoticed during their time living on the island.
- Back in the 60s it wasn’t all Bentleys and chauffeurs for Premier League footballers, the Tottenham Hotspur team (featuring Jimmy Greaves himself) travelled in a Transit to and from matches.
- In 1965, 48 students from Barking College wedged themselves into a Transit minibus to become World Record Holders!
- The Ford Transit was 50 years old in 2015 and is still going strong: one in four vans sold in the UK is a Transit with one sold globally every three minutes.
- Look after your classic Ford Transit because an original one in good nick from the sixties could be worth as much as £50,000 today.
- The term ‘White Van Man’ was first used in the British press in 1997 in an article published in The Sunday Times about van drivers being the scourge of Britain’s roads!
- The Sun used to run a regular ‘White Van Man’ column where a driver was interviewed about the issues of the day. The column featured a picture of the driver leaning out of the window of his van – which has itself become an iconic image associated with the vehicle.
- Sarah Kennedy began a regular White Van Man feature on BBC Radio 2 and such was its popularity that she was made honorary president of the Ford Transit Owner’s Club.
If your penchant for Ford goes even further, you might spot your other cool car in our Ford launch post.